Friday, November 21, 2008

Counting Days



I am debating renting the above to assist me over these last five weeks of pregnancy. I know people tell me that I look good and am so small, but I feel like I need some heavy machinery to help me do simple things like get out of bed or off the couch. It's embarrassing to have to leverage my weight so I can pop up. I feel like some helpless animal. The last part of pregnancy is just not glamorous. I try my best to not complain, but sometimes I just have to say that I feel huge!

My poor husband is probably so sick of me complaining about how fat I feel. He often looks at me like I am insane and says "Hon, you're pregnant. It's not fat, it's all baby." I know he's right, but I still feel like my bum, legs, and chest are huge. It's just a fact of life. I am sure having a hard time finding some suitable form of exercise that won't cause pain doesn't help. I am an active person and I love to exercise. I love it! But lately I just can't seem to do much aside from my little pre-natal aerobics dvd. It also doesn't help when I go to the doctor and get weighed. They have that set weight guideline for how much you should gain and it drives me crazy. I am doing well by it, but am getting near the end and so my doctor reminds me that we don't want to put too much weight on. Really? I am trying. Shoot, I barely have room in my body to fit a glass of water without it immediately having to come out. I do try, but holidays like Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas don't help.

Plus I think I am going insane. I bought a bassinet the other day at a second hand store. I took it apart, washed and cleaned it, and set it up in our room. Now it is making me all the more anxious for the baby to come. I am SO excited to meet the little guy! (And to not feel stretched to the max!)

I know the craziness of the last month or so is beyond worth the end reward. I just have to remind everyone that even if I look small, I don't feel so small! So keep telling me how good I look, lie if you have to, and I think I might just stay sane until the end. After that, who knows how long I'll be able to keep my whits about me!

No comments: