Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Seven wierd or odd things about Me!

Okay Robyne, I'll answer your tag. Here goes!

1. I love Top Ramen. Seriously, I have craved it so much this pregnancy and I can't get enough of the stuff even though I know it is nasty.

2. In high school I wrote feminist poetry, wore steel tipped shoes ("ball busters") and so wanted to use them on a guy, and had my hair shaved in the back. My how the Gospel can change one!

3. I am obsessive compulsive. It used to be really bad, but have calmed down to where I only obsess about the budget and my body now. But I used to have to check doors, touch things, and take sips from a glass a certain number of times. I hate germs and cannot drink from the same cup my kids do. Using a public restroom, especially with my kids, just geeks me. The list could go on.

4. When I was a kid my mom "kidnapped" us from my dad. We had been living with him and going to school in Lancaster. My mom and stepdad took us to the beach for a few weeks and then instead of returning us back to my dad, they enrolled us in school near them and had us live with them. My mom really wanted custody of us and ended up getting it. Craziness.

5. I sleep with one ear plug in every night. I cannot stand noises that aren't consistent. I have to have the fan on to create "white noise" and sleep on my side so my pillow blocks noise in my other ear. This is why having a new born stresses me out because their noises are random.

6. I love cars. I appreciate a fine looking car like I do a work of art or great book. I love to pay attention to the types of cars around me. My dream car would be a 67 Shelby Mustang GT, but that won't be happening anytime soon. I would love to take a mechanics class to learn the basics in car upkeep, but the local college doesn't offer any aside from motorcycle repairs and that does not interest me at all. There is something so satisfying about working on a car and getting all gritty.

7. I used to be baby sat by an Amish woman. It was when my parents were married and my mom worked. I remember their house being kind of stark and our snacks being very simple. But I loved being there and around all the animals and such. We had goose with them one Christmas Eve and my fondest memeory is eating home-made soft pretzels and chocolate milk at a big Amish gathering. It was all sooo good.

So there you have it! I tag Michelle, Annjeanette, and Mindy. Feel free to do it if you want, but I'll leave Bonnie out since she is moving this week!

1 comment:

annjeanette said...

Okay is it a pregnancy thing to love Ramen? I also ate that the whole time I was pregnant with Emma. Seriously for like 5 weeks of my pregnancy, all I ate was cinnamon toast crunch, Ramen, and Laffy Taffy. For 5 weeks, that was all I could stomach. I got over it, but not the Ramen. What is the deal with that?