Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Curse of the toilets

I've decided that the toilets in our house or cursed. I am sure that it has nothing to do with the three small children that live here or that our toilets are ten years old. No, they are cursed.

It first happened with the downstairs toilet. After a mysterious disappearance of three pairs of My Little Pony panties, which have yet to be found, the toilet would periodically clog. It doesn't matter what business is done, the potty can still refuse to drain. So we keep a plunger by it just in case. What great decor! We go through good and bad phases with the flush ability of this toilet. What really needs to happen is someone has to call a plumber, but that would take some effort and memory and since we haven't flooded ourselves out yet we are good so far.

Then the kids' bathroom toilet kept running. Being completely clueless on any kind of home repairs, it took us two months to finally get the right parts to fix the thing. We ended up having to replace the flush valve and I can say that I feel smart because I now know what one is. We actually have fixed that toilet, go us!

Now that we are back from vacation, we discovered the toilet in our bathroom has the same running problem as the kids' toilet did. It is very annoying and I am about to take a sledge hammer to it. See that would be my choice method of repair with all things. Just destroy and buy a new one! Plus the handle on our toilet has been falling off periodically since the day we moved in. But I am not a millionaire and so bought a new flush valve instead of a toilet. Now I just need my busy husband to replace it. Despite what people think, I am bigger and am not about to squeeze this 5 month pregnant body into a tight space to fix the toilet. It ain't happening and if it does, there will be some choice words said in the process. So I suppose I'll just have to wait for my husband to do it and not risk my eternal salvation by murdering someone in the process of fixing it.

See, our toilets are cursed. Or maybe it's me and I need to learn more about home repairs. But I think I'll blame the toilets instead.

1 comment:

m. hanson photography said...

Hey Sue!

I just checked out your blog for the first time through Annjeanette's links. Your posts are very entertaining!

How are you guys? We live in South Jordan, UT now so if you are ever in the area we should get together and catch up!