Monday, August 25, 2008

Why I love being a woman

Here are just a few reasons, in no particular order:

1. Chocolate

2. I get to wear make-up, nail polish, scented lotion, and body spray. Some times I want to paint my fingernails to feel pretty. I can. I don't know if guys ever want to feel extra handsome, but what can they do? Put on more deodorant?

3.I have cuter clothes. No contest. Plus dresses are way cheaper than one suit. And I can wear pink and make it look good without anyone questioning my sexuality.

4. I can have babies. Yes, it's work and it hurts, not just the birthing process, but the whole pregnancy. But there is nothing like bringing life into this world. Of having that ability. To feel the first fluttering of movements inside the womb and know the baby is growing inside of you. That you are sustaining a sweet new life.

5. The female body is much nicer looking than the male. Hey, even my stake president said it. We look better. Of course, we have to keep our beautiful bodies covered properly, but we still look better. Sorry guys.

6. I can cry and be emotional. Yes, it's evil at times, but true about hormones. I do get more emotional when pms-ing or pregnant, but that is okay. I can cry at movies or at random moments and not have people question my femininity. Though, they may question my sanity.

7. My main job is to raise the kids. I know all moms can't be at home, but we do have the special chance to be "mom". When it's raining, snowing, or nasty hot out, I don't have to go and face the work day. We can play inside. I can lay down for a littel if I feel tired or sick. I can find a moment to blog or check email. I get all the cute tender moments with the kids. Granted, at times I want to sell them, but I get to have a special mom bond with them. I get to color with them, kiss owies, tickle bare bellies, and chase superheroes. How cool is that?

8. I don't ever have to be a bishop or stake president. Sweet!

9. I have special qualities given to women. Nurturing, loving, tenderness, charity, etc. It's how the Lord made us and I think it is pretty darn cool. He saved the best creation for last, like dessert.

10. I get to be a help-meet. Man wasn't complete before we were created. Not only do we have the cool above mentioned qualities, but also we possess the ability to juggle an insane amount of tasks. We are the center of the home, or we should be. We set the tone for the home. We keep everything running smoothly. We make life better for our husbands and kids. Without us, they would be lost. Not to say that we are better than men, they know we are, but what we do every day is important. Doing our job makes everyone else in the family able to function and do all that is required of them. What an awesome responsibility and blessing for us!

No comments: