Friday, August 15, 2008

Wonderful Husband

Last week we celebrated our 8th anniversary while camping in the mountains. I can't believe it's been eight years! It seems like we haven't been married that long, but at the same time I can't imagine life before Marshall. Did it really exist? I don't want to think about it because life without Marshall wouldn't be happy.

This morning I was reflecting on what a great husband Marshall is. I have this little life growing inside of me that seems to suck away all my energy away. I am so tired and have had the hardest time getting my rump out of bed. This morning Rachel and Jimmy woke up at 6:30 and Marshall took them downstairs so I could sleep a little longer. Then he showered and got Anna up and breakfast going for everyone. How awesome is that? I can't list all the kind things he does daily. Somehow, despite his very busy schedule he finds the time to do those little things that help out so much. He is very attentive and observant, more than I often give credit, about what needs to be done.

Thinking back to when we were dating, Marshall seemed to have all the qualities I wanted in a husband and father for my kids. And he hasn't let me down at all over these past years. He loves the Gospel and serves whole hearted. It is ingrained in him. He wouldn't trade his testimony for anything. And I wanted someone who was committed beyond death to the gospel. No falling away lame priesthood holders for me! I wanted a man who was dedicated to the Lord. Marshall also is laid back and willing to help with anything; chores, kids, etc. He is very much a part of the kids' lives and takes a great interest in what they are doing and learning. I wanted a "hands on" father. It's hard to balance it all with his schedule, but he still finds time to make the kids feel special and loved. And he is hopelessly devoted to me. I know he wants me to be happy and would walk to the ends of the earth to make me happy, though that wouldn't make me happy because he would be gone for so long and I'd miss him! He is very much concerned about my happiness and well-being. Marshall is also a great provider. It has been interesting to see him excel at his schooling and now career. Often being an attorney is monotonous, but he goes to work every day. I wanted a husband like my dad, who drove truck for 29 years and didn't love it, but did it because he had a family for provide for. And Marshall has that same commitment to his family. When I hear other wives complain about their husbands, I have nothing to say. I would never complain publicly about Marshall, but even if I wanted to I could never think of anything to complain about.

So yeah, I have a good deal and I know it. I have an amazing husband who blesses me daily. Plus he is a cutie with a lovable personality. He makes me laugh. He sings to me. We can be silly together, we can be serious, we can cry, and we can work through things together. We make a great team. These past eight years have been such an adventure. I can't wait to see what the next eight years hold. No matter what, I know it'll be fun and well worth the ride since I will have Marshall right by my side.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Sue--

Happy belated anniversary! Found you on here from Formenti's blog. You guys are so cute! And congratulations on expecting baby #4! Miss you guys tons from the Valpo days--

Sarah Weight