Monday, August 25, 2008

Project Junkie


I've been neglecting my blog because I have found more exciting things to do. My great weakness, which isn't too bad of a weakness, is I get sucked into projects. I especially love projects that don't take long to complete. Genealogy is fun, but it is never ending and often frustrating. Painting, on the other hand, has faster results.

This weekend I completed sanding and painting our front door. I love our door now! It looks soooo much better. I want to come visit me now because my door looks so nice and friendly. This morning I moved onto the next step, the shutters. Thank goodness they are much easier to sand since I have to do them by hand. The paint just peels off. There is something to be said for them not being painted for a long time. It makes my job easier. I know I won't rest until my shutter project is complete. Over the years Marshall has learned that once I am started on a project, "look out!" And since I grew up in a home without a male figure, I have no qualms about doing everything myself. Sometimes I get into trouble because I want to do it all, but I can't. But I figure I can at least give things a try because I don't believe that anatomy has anything to do with how well one can paint or sand. Granted, I have relegated some projects to Marshall because I can't fit this cute pregnant body into some tight spots anymore.

But I have gotten better. I know my limits, especially with being 22 weeks pregnant, and my goal is to sand and paint one pair of shutters a day. It's still insane, but for me it's a cut back. I don't want to completely kill myself off. I'll let my kids do that. Now I must go back to my project heaven and check on my shutters to see if they are ready to paint. Oh, and keep the laundry going and clean the bathrooms. But rest assured, it'll all be done by dinner time. Yes, I am insane and proud of it!

2 comments:

Evil HR Lady said...

Hey, I just painted my front door today too!

annjeanette said...

how are the shutters coming along?