Monday, August 11, 2008

First Day of School Jitters for Me

Tomorrow is the first day of school and is Anna's first year going all day. She is SO excited about starting First Grade and eating lunch at school. Last year she was upset because she didn't get to do such cool things. I am sure tonight she will have a hard time going to sleep because she is so excited.

I am torn. I am really excited for her and I know she'll have fun. But part of me is sad because she'll be my first kid to go all day. Ah! What happened to time? Of course, I have also looked forward to this day because it means my job gets easier, but at the same time my little girl is growing up! Who said she could do that?

And then part of me worries if she will be okay. Will she get lost? Will she be too shy to ask for help if she can't open her milk at lunch? Will she miss me? Will she get too tired? How will she do? I am sure these are all normal worries for a first time mom. I just can't believe the time is here already.

So yes, the first day of school is tomorrow and I have more jitters than Anna. She'll do wonderfully and I am sure once a few days pass and I see that she is okay, I will calm down too.

1 comment:

annjeanette said...

I hope everything went okay for you today! I feel your emotions! I am freaking out because I'll have two gone in a couple of weeks. How does that happen!