Thursday, August 21, 2008

What's in a dream?

Dreams can be fascinating windows into one's subconscience. I know there are a lot of people out there that believe in dream interpretation and carry around all sorts of dream bibles with them. I think dreams can give clues as to what is going on in someone's life, but I don't see them as being the end all be all. Unless we're talking about dreams where God gives visions, but we're not talking about those kind of dreams here.

For instance, my husband always has the most interesting dreams when he is stressed by either work or church. Things have been a bit crazy with his calling and one night he dreamt about trying to run sacrament meeting on his own, but all these horrible things kept happening and then stake president was there for a visit. Plus Marshall didn't have a suit on and was dressed very casual. The other night he dreamt that I inherited two million dollars. We paid off our house, van, student loans, and still had lots of money left over to invest and watch grow. He took a job as a teacher and that paid for groceries and utilities. I found it fascinating that all the details were taken care of in his dream. And I know my husband would love to teach. It's his dream job. But he also has us to provide for, so he's a lawyer. I wonder if he had a crazy day at work.

Let's look at my dreams. Actually, we really shouldn't. Being pregnant always makes me have the oddest dreams. Usually it is Marshall who is busy flirting up a storm with anything that walks in my pregnancy dreams. But not this pregnancy. Apparently I am the one with the wandering eye because it's now my turn to have all the affairs. It's so funny and sometime very annoying. Where do I get all that energy? "Brain! What are you thinking?! Stop those dreams right now, you naughty brain!" It almost makes me wonder "What on earth is wrong with me?" I am sure Marshall is loving the fact that I am getting a taste of my own medicine, finally. In real life I think my husband is the hottest stuff around, but my subconscious (if that is where dreams come from) must have other ideas. At least I don't know anyone I chase after in my dreams. That would be awkward. So let's determine that dreams can give a peek into one's subconscience, except for when one is pregnant. All rules are off then and who knows what on earth will happen!


Me at 22 1/2 weeks. The cause of all my crazy dreams.

No comments: