Monday, April 6, 2009

It's Over!

General Conference is over. It always seems like such a let-down after being spiritually fed by prophets and apostles for two days when Sunday night comes. As always, I gained great insight and wisdom from all those who spoke. From Elder Hales' counsel and warnings concerning materialism and coveting to Elder Holland's beautiful and vivid portrayal of the Savior's suffering in Gethsemane and on the cross. I loved seeing and feeling the powerful witness each person bore of the resurrected Christ and His restored Gospel. It touched my heart to hear President Monson, our dear prophet, share his love and concern for us all. It was a wonderful conference.

What did I gain? Too much and too personal than can be listed in a blog. Overall, I found peace and comfort in areas I have been seeking for a long time. I was also challenged and reminded of how I can be a better wife, mother, daughter, sister, and member of the church. I had the chance to pause from my busy life and be still, to receive the guidance and revelation I need for my life. My testimony grew as I watched prophets of God bear witness of His Son. Despite the chaos and evil that is abundant in our world, I felt hope and strength to press forward and put my trust in the Lord. I learned that I am never alone and that the Savior truly can succor His people. I felt more bound to other members of the Church who are striving to live righteously in this increasingly wicked world. I feel blessed and humbled.

Now the challenge will be to remember and write upon my heart the knowledge I gained. Last night as I went to bed I felt renewed and excited to face life, but as the days pass and General Conference becomes more distant in my memory, the test will be to keep it in my heart. How grateful I am that we have modern prophets. I know the Lord loves me because He gave us that divine connection to Him in this corrupted world. We can be joyful and have peace despite all the adversary hurls at us because we know we are not alone and we are given all we need to succeed through the Lord, His servants, and the Spirit. How blessed we are!

No comments: