Saturday, April 11, 2009

Movin' On Up

I've moved up in the world. No, it's not owning a home, having two cars or four children, enjoying a newly re-tiled bathroom, or being married to an attorney, but rather it's my newly acquired magazine holder. You see, I've always wanted to get one to put our magazines into.

Today I discovered my new favorite store, "Sell It Again, Sam", a delightfully fun used furniture store. Oh, I could have gone on a shopping spree in there. I grew up on yard sales and love a good find and there were a lot of very nice pieces in there! In my perusing I found a nice wooden magazine holder that I immediately snatch up for our "formal" living room. To be honest, there is nothing formal about my living room, thanks to the kids and toys that are usually scattered about it. We keep our magazines on top of the ottoman just so they can get tossed off periodically throughout the day by children who pass by or need to jump off it. (Why this urge to spew magazines all over my floor exists in my children is beyond me. Perhaps we should do a study on their behavior.) I find it very annoying to have said magazines scattered about, especially when I may actually find a spare moment to read one.(Ha! I'm so funny!) Plus, I've always thought magazine holders look classy. "Look at me, I am intelligent and sophisticated because I have a special place to put my reading material, therefore, making me all the more wise and awe-inspiring." Okay, maybe a magazine holder doesn't show that, but I think they are dang cool! I like having things in their proper places and now my magazines can have a home, one that perhaps will keep them safe from busy hands.

So I've stepped up in life. What can I say? Little by little I am getting the living room I want. Just watch out because one day I may purchase an end table and then I will be too good for you all.

1 comment:

annjeanette said...

congrats! you make me giggle!