Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Cult of the Sacred Belly


I have a confession to make. We have cult in our home, the Cult of the Sacred Belly. I don't know how to got started, but Rachel is the leader and practices worshipping every day. It's not a bad cult, but I do wish the object of worship didn't include me. My stomach is the beloved idol because inside is her new little brother.

You see many times during the day, my belly gets rubs, pokes, hugs, and kisses from Rachel. It's just sticking out and she can't help herself. Plus she knows her beloved baby brother is inside. One can only imagine the attention the new baby will get if my stomach gets this much love. Jimmy doesn't really seem to care about the cult, but Anna follows Rachel's lead and has to at least hug my belly every night. She's not as dedicated as Rachel, but she still cares.

So now you know our little dirty secret. I guess now I'll have to confess to my bishop.

2 comments:

annjeanette said...

Ha ha. I wonder what your bishop will say? Do you think he'll take away your recommend? ;)

And the worshipping just continues after the idol comes out of the belly. Be prepared. Ours still fight endlessly over who gets to hold, love, hug, kiss, etc. their new sister. It is a little nerve-wracking at times. Sometimes I am amazed that Emma is still alive. At least they are excited. It could be worse, I guess.

MyDonkeySix said...

Thank goodness babies are sturdy, right?