Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Random Knowledge= Good Mom

I am a good mom. I know this because I can tell you that Dora's baby brother's name is Guillermo and her baby sister's name is Isabella. There is a Justice League movie that will start filming in 2009. And some people have way too much time to devout to creating shrines to the Wonder Twins.

How do I know all of these interesting tidbits? You see I have a four year old who loves the obscure. Her favorite toy to carry around is her Dora Baby Boy doll. We went through a big Boy Baby phase where she wanted a Boy Baby shirt, sheets, and costume. The problem is that Boy Baby isn't big enough to have his own merchandise so we had to do our own iron-on shirt for Rachel. This morning I learned the big secret of Boy Baby's name while watching tv with Jimmy and trying to get him to pee on the potty. Guillermo! He does have a name! I called Marshall all excited about this discovery and then realized, "Oh my. I am a mom." I even recorded said Dora episode so Rachel could watch it when she got back from preschool.

Rachel is also madly in love with the Justice League super heroes Hawk and Dove. She thinks they are both handsome. Of course, they are the less popular characters that make an appearance in only a few episodes. Rachel has been begging that I find a picture of them to print out. Today I finally found one, but in the process I came across all sorts of Justice League sites and info. Who knew there was a movie in the pre-making? Not me.

And as for Zan and Jana, well they were on the Super Friends show back in the late 70's. Rachel LOVES Zan. He too is handsome and has captured her little 4 year old heart. She has declared that she wants to be Zan for Halloween. Since Zan is a less popular cartoon character from the 70's, Mom has had to do some research on what his costume looks like so we can try to recreate it. I didn't know so many people loved the Wonder Twins and made tribute pages to them. My, some people do have lots of time on their hands.

So now I know all sorts of random useless knowledge. What does it mean? That I am one dang good mom.

No comments: