Monday, September 22, 2008

Mondays

Well it's Monday morning and I am ready to burst into tears. Is this normal? I know everyone has days like this. Sundays are SO long and then Mondays just add to the fun.

While I am trying to get laundry done and clean the bathrooms, the kids are calling my name every few minutes. The sound of "Mommy" from Rachel just makes me cringe. Now I love my kids, but sometimes I wish I could at least go to the bathroom without being paged. It amazes me how little patience the kids have. Sometimes they just have to wait to get what they want and that is just asking too much. Oh, such a hard life!

To add to my crabbiness, our dishwasher won't drain. It hasn't since we replaced the garbage disposal. That means doing dishes by hand. My hope if that something went down the dishwasher tube and clogged it in the process. Marshall's going to pull it out tonight to investigate. Otherwise, Murphy's Law will be in full effect and we will have to buy a new dishwasher. Grrr.

I found our almost full cinnamon and sugar sprinkler jar open and empty in the toy room. I can't find any traces of the sugar so I am assuming it has been poured into the carpet. I don't want to know, but I know I should vacuum. Mmm cinnamon carpet.

And I feel huge. I know I still have three months to go, but I feel like a beached whale already. It's not that I am not excited for the baby to come, but being pregnant is tiring and often uncomfortable. I haven't met a woman yet who hasn't complained at some point in her pregnancy about the discomfort. It's well worth the ordeal, but it is the most physically demanding process a woman goes through. You can experience a range of physical affects that last for 10 months. Sometimes I think "Thanks a lot Eve!". Of course, I also think "Thanks a lot Adam!" when I am weeding my yard. But anyhow, I'm uncomfortable.

So I am ready to hop back in bed and pull the covers over my head. I totally agree with Garfield on this one.

1 comment:

annjeanette said...

Oh, I feel your pain! Hang in there. Love you!