Friday, September 19, 2008

Wifely Wisdom

My new garbage disposal is being put in as I type. It was much cheaper than I thought it would be. Yeah! Now I would feel bad about sitting on my duff and playing on the computer while my husband slaves away, but I don't. Why? Because I love my husband.

We have learned in our eight years of marriage that we don't mix well when it comes to repairs or putting together furniture. We both are stubborn and I am a high strung perfectionist, while my husband is a laid back chap. When we do put things together, I am the instruction reader and he is the muscle. This has worked out quite well for us.

The first time we almost murdered each other was over putting together baby furniture for Anna's impending arrival. Now mind you, putting together a crib and changing table involved all sorts or random parts, etc. But we were doomed from the beginning because we put the two together in the living room and then tried to move them to the bedroom. Our old apartment had narrow doors and prohibited allowing the crib through. So we had to take the side off, move it into the room, and put it back together. That was after almost two hours spent on assembling the changing table and crib in the first place. We were not happy campers and sparks (not the romantic kind) were a flying.

Thank goodness we have learned a thing or two since then. So here I sit while he works. I'm not lazy, I just want peace and happiness to reign in my home. Thank goodness we are older and wiser now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very true! Very true! I remember Jon and I setting up a crib in our room and then weren't able to get it out the door and into the next bedroom. So we had to take it all apart and start over. What memories:)

P.S. We'd love to have you over for dinner again. Just hop in your car and come on over anytime:) We had a lot of fun!

MyDonkeySix said...

It's nice to know we're not alone!

And I wish we could just hop in and come on over.

MISS YOU!