Saturday, September 27, 2008

Good Bye Blue Eyes



Paul Newman died Friday at age 83 after a long battle with lung cancer. He will be sorely missed. Not only did he have amazing salad dressing, or voice the car "Doc" in the movie Cars, but also, and most importantly, he was an incredible actor. They just don't make them like that anymore. I'd take Mr. Newman and his baby blues any day over Brad Pitt or any other present day Hollywood hunk. There just isn't a comparison.

Newman knew how to act. He knew how to carry himself on the screen and captivate an audience. Whether he was a good or bad guy(and he was great at being bad), he was easy to love. One of my all time favorite movies is "The Sting" with a young Newman and Robert Redford. Talk about eye candy! The plot is clever and witty and I found myself actually rooting for the two con artists. They were amazing together weaving their masterpiece. There are so many good Newman movies out there and I know I haven't even begun to scratch the surface. Some aren't as good, but most are pretty amazing.

Paul Newman will be missed. He was one of those untouchable Hollywood icons whose name inspires respect and awe. Whether it's "Cars" or "The Hustler", I say we all curl up to a Newman movie sometime this week in honor of this great man.

No comments: