Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Gotta Laugh

Do you ever feel like your bank account is laughing at you? I am sure none of you do because you are all millionaires and just like to read about me money complaints for kicks. Right? I mean we are the only ones out there who have been out of school for two years and are trying to build up savings while having a family in a crazy economy. Right?

I always amuse myself whenever I check my bank account on-line. Sometimes after I log in I look away from the screen. As if avoiding eye contact with my balance will somehow make it bigger or better. Sometimes I want to crawl under the desk and hide from the balance. Or I imagine the bank website laughing at me and say "Why is this fool checking her bank account? It's hopeless! Bwha ha ha!" (No, I am not insane. I just have a sense of humor. I know my computer can't really talk to me. Now the microwave, that's different.)

Really, it's not that bad. I know we are very blessed to have all we do and things are good for us. My husband has a wonderful job. And seeing him work with welfare in the ward, I know we are very blessed. I just wish every time I went grocery shopping I wasn't surprised at how much something has gone up in price. It's like a "fun" little game. "How much will this item cost this week?" Plus I am amazed at my growing family and how much we eat. Holy cow! What is up with that? Who said my kids could have appetites?

But I am grateful that we can feed our family and live comfortably. And I am very grateful that my dishwasher is fixed and running without any money spent. I just wish one day my bank account wouldn't mock me. Someday . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely loved the picture of Jimmy. It made me smile. About the groceries, I was in shock the other day when I went to Wal-mart to buy cereal. We usually get the bags of malt-o-meal, anyways we usually paid $4 something for a bag of shredded wheat. It was up to $7.89 for one bag. Needless to say, we didn't get any!