Friday, September 26, 2008

Lucky Seven

Thanks Robyne for the tag! No it really was fun to sit and ponder these "Lucky Seven" things. So here goes:

7 Things I can do:

#1 Exercise. I am so grateful that I have a healthy functioning body. I know I'd go insane if I couldn't be active.
#2 Organize things. I love being able to look at a clutter area of mess and figure out how to make it disappear. Or the fact that I am never burdened by chores or make it late to church. Being organized comes naturally.
#3 Create. I love to paint, draw, cook,and decorate. Give me a space and I can make it look adorable. Just come see my house. I love crafts and I love beautifying the area around me. And I love create delicious meals in the kitchen.
#4 Go to the temple. I think I would die without my recommend. I love being able to go every month and partake of the spirit and blessings there.
#5 Genealogy. I love it! I am an addict and it is so easy to get hooked on! Plus there is a wonderful spirit that comes with the work.
#6 Stay at home with my kids. What a blessing! I know not everyone can do this, but I feel so blessed to be at home for my kids. I know what is going on in their lives. I know their concerns and needs. And I get to play with them and hear all the adorable things they say every day.
#7 Pay my bills. Another blessing, especially in this economy. I love being able to pay my bills every month. It is SO nice.


7 Things I can't do:

#1 Sing. Okay, I can sing, but I don't like how I sound. I just don't have the confidence for it.
#2 Play a musical instrument. Is there a pattern here? I would like to and I did learn piano as a kid, but now I have too many other things that interest me.
#3 Eat meat. I haven't had meat since I was 14 or 15. I don't miss it and the thought of eating it makes me want to hurl.
#4 Swing. I used to be able to swing as a child and I loved it, but now it makes me feel nauseated. No fair!
#5 Speak a foreign language. I did know basic Spanish in college, but I've become out of practice.
#6 Write books. I admire my sister-in-law and other authors who can come up with such amazing and captivating stories. Not happening here.
#7 Hold a grudge. It seems such a waste of energy and time to spend your life mad at someone over something, whether big or small. Life's too precious to spend it bitter.

7 Things that attracted me to Marshall:

#1 His boyish good looks. He is just adorable. And he has buns that won't quit!
#2 His strong intellect and wit. I couldn't marry a man who I couldn't have a decent conversation with about politics and history. And I needed someone who could be as saucy as I am.
#3 Those kissy lips.
#4 His testimony. I didn't want someone who would weenie out on me, but who would stick it out and follow the Lord no matter what.
#5 His positive attitude. I love how he is always happy. It's contagious and so good to be around.
#6 His singing. Ah, melt my heart.
#7 His willingness to help out, no matter what. I wanted a man who would be willing to do dishes or change a poopy diaper if the occasion called for it. One who would share in the work of raising kids when possible.


7 Things I say the most:

#1 Just try to not fight for two minutes!
#2 What the dillio?
#3 I love you.
#4 Hurry up or we'll be late for the bus.
#5 Come on, turtles, let's go!
#6 You're such a goof.
#7 Go to bed, or else . . .

7 Celebrities I admire the most:

#1 Jesus Christ
#2 George Washington
#3 Abraham Lincoln
#4 Queen Elizabeth I
#5 Hellen Keller
#6 Christopher Reeves
#7 Michael Phelps

Now you know more about me. You can do the "Lucky Seven" too. And don't worry, nothing bad will befall you if you don't, you'll just be known as a pinecone for life!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing along! I love reading new things about people. Hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I'm going to have to check out Marshall's buns ;)

MyDonkeySix said...

No pinching! That's my job!