Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Almost Two Months!

Sue at 30 1/2 weeks

Have you ever seen a bug struggling on it's back to flip over? The legs are flailing, but the bug is stuck not matter what until something comes along to flip it over or eat it. That's how I feel most days now when I try to get out of a chair or sit up from laying down. The honeymoon phase is over and I am ready for this baby to come!

I appreciate the people who are concerned about me and ask how I am doing. We all know the last two months are a killer as you watch yourself get bigger and try to maneuver your new load around. And you get crabby sometimes because you feel like it will never end. Not that you aren't excited about having a new baby, but having your body stretched to all sorts of angles and hefting around some extra poundage does get tiring. Not to mention all the random other things, like how I would live off of pizza and ice cream if I could. But I rarely have either. For some reason I just want to forsake cooking and eat out every night. Nothing sounds good and I have no energy to create in the kitchen anyhow. I get evil killer leg cramps at night. My allergies are whacked out, giving me numerous sinus headaches. Not to mention feeling tired and being emotional. Sometimes more poor husband can do nothing right and I have no idea why. The only explanation I offer is that I have gone insane.

That is why I really love it when people commiserate with me on being pregnant. It is a wonderful experience for which I am grateful, but the last months are killer. Some people tell me it will just fly by. I know they are just trying to make me feel better, but it's not flying for me. I love it when people tell me instead "Oh, the last two months are the worst! They take forever." Thank you! Thank you for understanding that it isn't all fun and games. That it can seem like an eternity until the mom-to-be gets to meet the new little one. Thank you for not deeming me a horribly ungrateful person because I don't enjoy all the trials that come with pregnancy. For understanding that I do have bad days and want it to be over.

The same applies for having small children. I can't tell you how many times people have said to me "Enjoy it now because it won't last long." This is usually after I have had a crazy day with the kids and am ready to put them on the curb with "for sale" signs around their necks. We had one sister in our ward in Indiana who said this sentence to me followed by "But I know you don't feel that way right now. You probably want to laugh at people who tell you that because you're ready to sell your kids." Again, thank you. Thank you for remembering that there are hard days when it comes to parenting young children. There are lots of cute times, but there are many times that test one's patience to the extreme limit and make one question her sanity. I love these realistic people who remember the good and bad of every stage of life.

I wouldn't change my life for anything. I love my kids and I love being able to bring a new life into this world. I am very excited to meet him. But I also enjoy being able to be honest about my feelings and allowed to have a bad day. I very much appreciate all those people who understand, sympathize, and encourage me as I go through these tender years of life. I'd be lost without them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have as many bad days as you want. I seem to have them a lot and I don't have an excuse!
Sure miss talking to you!
Robyne

p.s. I want to see a picture of you. :)

Jarrod said...

This reminds me of the time I had Aidan in a death grip carrying him out of Wal-Mart kicking and screaming while Riley is steering a cart full of groceries to my car...an older lady stops me and says, "God makes them cute so you don't kill them."....how very true that was on this particular day.