Friday, October 24, 2008

I Love Chocolate


I love chocolate over any candy. It is so smooth and creamy. Just perfect. My favorite kind of chocolate is dark. Sooo good! Plus dark chocolate is good for you, so they say. That's enough to convince me to eat some. And don't even get me started on white choclate. What is the point? It's missing that whole good flavor thing. Ugh.

Today after lunch I just had a craving for some chocolate. Just a little bit. I searched the cupboard and came up empty handed. Whoever does the grocery shopping around here should be fired! Oh, wait, that's me. Even though I am 29 and an adult, I still can't justify buying a big bag of candy for indulgence. I'd feel like such a glutton. Unless it's Halloween or on really good sale. But now I am trying to avoid candy due to the whole blood sugar thing.

So my search took me to the food storage closet in the toy room. My husband had bought some Hershey's Treasures last week to stock his candy jar at church. We snuck some before he took them to church and the bag exploded in the process of opening. For a few days the kids found some treats on the floor. So I was down on my hands and knees looking for some left-over missed candy. How pathetic is that? Hey, I'm pregnant and I got a craving. Don't mess with me.

So I ended up opening a bag of chocolate chips. I am going to make cookies later today, so I would have to open the bag anyhow. Now my craving is satisfied. Oh, woe is my life! The trials I have to endure to find some chocolate. But it could be worse. I could be my sweet husband who got up at 4:30 to go to work this morning because of the trial he is preparing for. Yep, I'll stick to my quest for chocolate and be happy with my "struggles".

1 comment:

annjeanette said...

sue, if it makes you feel better, i do the same thing and i am not pregnant anymore! chocolate is just so wonderful. they better have it in heaven.