Thursday, October 2, 2008

Just a Reminder

In case you have forgotten, my husband is awesome. Sometimes I sit back and wonder how on earth he does everything required of him and still keep his cool. He gets little time to himself and is always in demand. If it were me, I would have had a freak attack by now that ended in a screaming fit at anyone who talked to me. "Leave me alone!" But not him. He is Mr. Calm and Cool.

It seems like things have really picked up in the bishop department. The economy slumps and the bishop business booms. Ah, how easy would a bishop's life be if people actually took his counsel? I guess some people find fun in having to repeatedly meet with him over the same issues. Who doesn't have time to waste, right? It seems like our phone has been ringing off the hook every night. Sometimes I want to rip it out of the wall. Wednesday night we did unplug it after 3 or 4 calls in ten minutes. We were actually trying to watch a movie and got sick of being interrupted. I have little patience for such things when Marshall is home. I want to hog him all to myself. Sometimes I contemplate kidnapping him for a few days just so I don't have to share him.

If I feel this way sometimes I cannot imagine how he must feel. And yet he rarely complains and is always positive. I am sure a lot of that has to do with the gifts of the Spirit. I've noticed those tender mercies in my life even more since he has been called as bishop. But I tell you, the man is amazing. What a great example he is to me. Maybe one day some of his goodness/ patience will rub off on me!

No comments: