Saturday, October 11, 2008

Picture Tag



I'm answering Annjeanette's picture tag, which I think is a fun idea. You can do it if you want too. Find the 4th picture in the 4th folder of your picture file and then post it on your blog and tell about it. I didn't have a 4th picture in my 4th folder, but oh well.

Anyhow, to the picture!

It was taken in Valparaiso, Indiana during our first year of law school in our first apartment in Valpo. Anna, sweet cute little toddler girl at the time, was having lots of fun playing with a flashlight. I am sure it was one of my desperate attempts to amuse her during the long Indiana winters. She was such a good toddler and lots of fun. Very curios too, which is still apparent now that she is in school and learning all sorts of new things. I was pregnant with Rachel at the time and Jimmy was still waiting his turn. I can't imagine life without all three of them being in the family. Of course, at the time I thought entertaining one child was a great undertaking. Now it would be a piece of cake!

Looking back on this time in law school makes me nostalgic. It was so much fun, though at the time we didn't always think so. The whole poor student life thing. We did have so much fun in Valpo with our little ward family. We saw a lot more of Marshall then. But it is nice to have those big questions answered now, like "Where are we going to end up living?", "Will Marshall like his job?", "Will we ever not be students?", and so forth. I miss the freedom of those school days, but wouldn't change them for the blessings we enjoy now. I know if we hadn't gone through that phase of life I wouldn't appreciate all I have now.

Thanks for the little trip down memory lane!

1 comment:

annjeanette said...

you're right! those were the days, although we sure didn't think it at the time! ;) aaahhh, valpo.