Friday, October 17, 2008

I Love My Job!


I love my kids and I love being able to stay at home with them. We get to go on all sorts of adventures. This morning we went to a nearby park that runs up against the bike trail. Everyone rode their bikes down the trail to the river and had a blast throwing rocks and wood into the water. We learned that rocks sink and wood floats. What could be more fun than throwing things into water? Too bad Superman fell and got a muddy bum. But he survived.

After we finished throwing rocks we rode back to the desert garden by the park. The kids had fun running around the winding rock trails and smelling the yummy flowers. We saw bees gathering pollen and all sorts of crazy plants.

When we were done with the plants we went over to the park and played for a while. The kids made up all sorts of games. It was great!

I love being able to take my kids out into nature and explore. I have so many memories of going on bike rides along the canals near the Delaware River, canoeing in Tyler Park, or driving to roads where the rivers actually ran over the road and getting out to explore. My mom took us on all sorts of adventures. It made me really love being outside and going on adventures. I'm not an avid camper, but I do enjoy nature and it's beauty. I am glad that I can take my children to explore the world around them, to learn, and to appreciate where we live.

And I love being at home to do it all. My husband works so hard so I can be at home with the kids. The moments I share with them are precious and most times he misses out on the adventures and tender times. He gets to slave away in an office preparing for trials and dealing with all sorts of fun. I hope the kids will learn to appreciate all he sacrifices for us because I know I certainly do. And I hope my kids grow up to have a love for nature and take their kids on outdoor adventures.

No comments: